Thursday, December 3, 2009

"Why do you tear me?": Bleeding, the Amish, & a welcome

Do you feel frumpy and culturally irrelevant? Dumped carelessly into the wrong time and place? Welcome, friend. Put on your bonnet and enjoy my budding blog.

O allknowing wikipedia, shed some light: "A bluestocking is an educated, intellectual woman. Such women are stereotyped as being frumpy and the reference to blue stockings refers to the time when woolen worsted stockings were informal dress, as compared with formal, fashionable black silk stockings."

In the spirit of our frumpy foremothers, this blog will be a space about books, feminism, adventures in ESL tutoring, and so on.

Although I'm not about to hitch my wagons toward Amish country, I am excited about my current situation: Lots of alone time in my apartment, sans internet or TV or really any connection to anything going on = So much reading time. This lifestyle can result in an explosion of logorrhea at my dear roommate whenever he comes home. Hence: Internet, you are now trash bin of brain.

Past blogs of mine, from high school (& uh, into college...) could devolve into that particular realm of Dante's hell, the one of suicides locked in trees. The only way they could speak was through bleeding, when their bark was torn. While I promise not to "bleed" my overabundance of feelings into this space (e.g. "Why won't ___ return my texts?!?!??!!"), I also think blogs can appropriately & intelligently deal with the personal without making you squirmy. (I recommend: http://www.extraneousness.blogspot.com)

Please feel free to use the comments board on posts. And again, welcome!

5 comments:

  1. wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, that was a mistaken comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love is like an egg because wherever it is placed, it sinks to the bottom and carries the filth with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I'm not entirely sure who you are, but thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete